Some helpful things to keep in mind before your scheduled COVID-19 vaccine! You wanna make sure you are prepared so it is the most effective.
1. HYDRATE! You want to drink plenty of water before and after. Your hydration levels can impact how well the vaccine works in your body.
2. No pain relievers right before. There’s a small chance it could interfere with the immune response doctors want to see. But taking them afterwards for any possible symptoms is totally okay.
3. Don’t book a Flu vaccine or any others around the same time. There isn’t a ton of data on how other vaccines interact. So just to be safe, wait two weeks before you get a flu shot.
4. Wait to exercise. I know, right? How often do you hear that? Most people should be fine to work out after their shot. But if you’re feeling groggy, don’t push yourself. Take a rest day or two.
5. Keep your vaccine card! Presenting it to certain businesses might score you some free stuff. Like a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme everyday the rest of year. Businesses like Staples will even laminate your card totally free.
Another Tuesday podcast! Patrick is way too into Eurovision, Gabby is all about old-school AIM life, and Laura wants to go to the moon. This week’s episode is out of this world!
- NOTE: Patrick did get vaccinated. He isn’t changing his name.
- Eurovision Song Contest! It started in 1956. 65 Years.
- Iceland – Daði og Gagnamagnið – “10 Years”
- Lithuania – The Roop – “Discoteque”
- Ukraine – Go_A – “SHUM”
- Russia – Manizha – “Russian Woman”
- North Macedonia – Vasil – “Here I Stand”
- Croatia – Albina – “Tick-Tock”
- Recap of all 39 Songs
- TikTok and Musically?
- TOPIC: Gabby’s Tragic Morning
- TOPIC: Easter & First Saturday
- Bunny? Egg?
- TOPIC: Red Bird
- Monkey Tail Beard.
- Splotch is a word!
- Real R2D2 Phone!!!
- TOPIC: Old Phone Hoarding.
- Smarter Child
- TOPIC: What was your AOL screen name?
- Lady Jrs?
- Cost to the Moon?
- Perseverance on Mars
- Mars Helicopter??!?!?!?
- Sounds of Mars
Laura-ism: “Small Balling.”
Patrick’s Event (We left the blooper in!)
Back on Monday!!! Patrick refuses not to sound old, Laura reveals that she is the mastermind behind Gabby’s biggest ideas, and Gabby lived life mardi gras style at the Shop Local Event this weekend.
- Live Journal
- A crazy story about Live Journal
- Laura’s Spring Shop Local Event Video
- Gabby Egg Race
- Baker Park Flood Plan
- Gabby Rescued Fish
- Laura and Gabby DARE JACK FROST AND MOTHER NATURE
- 50% chance of rain.
- Southern Halo – In the Street Facebook Live
- Frederick’s Favorite: a.k.a. Friscos
Laura-ism: “You Really Cleared That House.”
I am a true Philly native through and through. But it’s official…I have officially fallen in love with all things Frederick! Catch me singing and dancing alone to country music stuck in traffic with my windows down. I run on coffee, red wine and a little whiskey. You might find me buried in stacks of vinyl records, brewery hoppin’, exploring an antique store, kayaking, playing Nintendo 64 or Netflix and chillin’. Fell in love with radio as soon as I cracked the mic! Family, friends, and listeners mean the world to me. Let’s be friends! Find me on all social media at Gabby on 99.9 WFRE.