Wake Up Crew
Wake Up Blog
I am loving my new pressure cooker! I actually have the Magic Chef version and it is amazing!
Last night I made shredded beef tacos in it and it was so quick and easy…I guess that’s the point of the pressure cooker!
I used a 2 lb. boneless chuck roast (if yours is bigger you can slice it in half to make it fit), season it with taco or fajita seasoning on both sides. Turn the pot to sauté mode- add olive oil and brown the chuck roast for about two minutes on each side, then remove and set aside.
Pour 1/2 cup of chicken or beef broth into the pot and scrape the bottom to remove any stuck bits. Then, put the roast back into the pot. Add crushed or diced tomatoes (14oz can), two bay leaves, and the rest of your seasoning mix.
Cook on high pressure, meat mode for 45 minutes (depending on the side of your roast), then allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 mins., then release the rest manually.
Remove the chuck roast and shred with two forks. With a spoon, skim the fat off of the top of your juices and put your pot back on sauté mode and let the juice simmer for 10 minutes to reduce. Put your shredded beef back into the pot and let it soak for few minutes before serving over rice or in tacos with cheese!
- 3 tablespoons seasoning mix (I used a fajita seasoning packet)
- 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard.
These are my favorite chocolate chip cookies! Chocolate chips, whit chocolate chips and M&M’s!
Pre-heat the oven to 375.
In a mixing bowl, add 12 TBSP of butter, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. water, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, 2 cups flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup of chocolate and white chocolate chips mixed together, 1 cup sugar. Mix into dough.
Form 1 inch. balls with dough and place on a cookie sheet. Next, take red and green M&M’s and gently press into the top of the dough balls. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes after they finish, before transferring to a cooling rack.
Super quick and easy with common essential ingredients…and I had some cute help to go along with it (see pictures below)!!
-2 cups flour
-12 tbsp. butter
– 1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 tbsp. water
-1 cup mix of chocolate and white chocolate chips
-1 cup Green and red M&M’s
Seven Helpful Websites You Probably Don’t Know About
Here is a list of helpful websites you might not know about:
FULL STORY: If you’re sick of looking out your OWN window in lockdown, there’s a website called Window-Swap.com that lets you look out other people’s windows all over the world. Here are six more helpful websites you might not know about . . .
1. MyFridgeFood.com. You enter a bunch of random ingredients that you have on hand, and it suggests recipes you can make.
2. FutureMe.org. It lets you send yourself an email one year in the future, or even farther out if you want. Some people use it to help themselves stick to long-term goals. And some people say writing to their future self is just therapeutic.
3. RunPee. This one’s an app that lets you search different movies, and tells you the best time to take a bathroom break so you don’t miss anything important. For example, the first pee break in “Die Hard” is 45 minutes in when Reginald VelJohnson’s character is out buying Twinkies.
4. GetHuman.com. You type in the name of a company, and it gives you a customer service number that gets an actual human on the phone. Or if you have to go through a robot, it tells you which buttons to push.
5. JustWatch.com. You enter a movie or show, and it tells you the streaming platforms that are currently playing it.
6. WornOnTV.net. If someone in a show is wearing an outfit you like, you can search for it and find out where it’s sold.
(BuzzFeed) (THE WISE BROTHERS)