I don’t know about you but I was tossing and turning all night in fear of sleeping through my alarm this morning! 3 cups of coffee and I still don’t feel completely awake. Holding my eyes open as I write these tips…
1. Move your body! Get some exercise because even a quick walk can help your body want more sleep to compensate for that extra hour. Just don’t do it too late in the day.
2. Skip the extra caffeine today. Caffeine stays in your body up to 12 hours and it’ll make it harder to unwind and fall asleep.
3. Eat an earlier dinner. Try to eat at least three hours before bed. Your body works hard to digest, so any later than that can disrupt your sleep pattern.
4. No alcohol tonight. Booze can help you fall asleep faster, but the quality of your sleep suffers.
5. Put your phone away. I know, I know you’ve heard it a million times, but the blue light messes with your ability to relax because of the constant scrolling / brain stimulation. So stop using your phone at least one hour before bed.