Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard.
These brownies are amazing!!! I’ve never made homemade brownies…I like to stick to boxed brownies but these were fun to make and taste WAY more delicious!
Grab and butter a 9×9 pan and pre-heat the oven to 350. (I used a 9×13 pan, so I made 1 1/2 times the recipe).
In a saucepan on the stove over low heat- melt together 2 cups of chocolate chips and butter and whisk until melted, then set aside to cool.
In another mixing bowl- whisk, 4 eggs, 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar and coffee granules, 3 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp vanilla extract.
Add in the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture then whisk.
In a separate bowl- mix your dry ingredients: 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt then use a spatula to fold mixture into the batter until combined without over mixing.
Pour your batter to into the buttered pan (you can also line with parchment paper to make clean up easier) and sprinkle all over with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 min. Cool and serve.
Ingredients: I got the recipe here!
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter (softened or cut into pieces if cold for faster melting)
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate chips (2 1/2 cups by measuring cup), divided
- 4 eggs large
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules (6.2 grams)
- 3 Tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt