In Franklin, Tennessee, a dog became a Fourth of July hero, when she alerted her owner about a house fire next door.
The dog, named Roux, alerted her owner, Jeff LeCates, to the neighbor’s house being on fire — a blaze that was started by fireworks.
When Jeff woke up, he was able to wake the family of three next door — and get everyone out safely before firefighters arrived and put the fire out. Everyone escaped without injuries, all thanks to the warning offered by Roux. Way to go DOGGO!
Turns out, Jeff’s neighbor actually helped him adopt Roux and find her forever home with him. She’s a dog groomer, who knew Jeff had lost his German Shepherd 15 months ago. Knowing Roux needed a home, she helped to facilitate the adoption.