Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard.
I have been trying this recipe for years and haven’t gotten it right….until NOW!
My favorite recipe blogger helped me to achieve the deliciousness of this chicken and broccoli.
This recipe moves fast, so make sure that you have everything prepared prior to cooking. Start by chopping the broccoli.
I used one pound of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (you could use thighs or tenders,too) and cut into small pieces no bigger than 3/4″ thick; salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine your sauce ingredients and whisk to dissolve sugar and corn starch. Set sauce aside.
This is a great time to start cooking your rice, if serving with the dish.
In a large skillet, add about a tablespoon of oil and your chicken in a single layer and stir fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the skillet on medium-high, add another tbsp. of oil and your chopped broccoli florets, onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender and crisp for 5-7 minutes.
Stir your sauce, then add it to the skillet over the vegetables. Simmer 3-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. To thin the sauce, add a tbsp of water at a time.
Return chicken to the pan and stir and until cooked through. Add more soy sauce to taste if you want!
Serve over white rice!
Chicken and Broccoli: I got the recipe here!
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless skinless), cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used extra light olive oil), divided
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 lb white button mushrooms thickly sliced
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free), or added to taste
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar packed (or honey to taste)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated (lightly packed)
- 1 tsp garlic (2 small cloves) grated1/4 tsp black pepper plus more to season chicken