Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard
I made this dish for our Thanksgiving dinner and it was a huge hit!! With the holiday season in full swing this is definitely an excellent addition to any meal…and it’s easy!
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss your brussel sprouts in olive oil and salt and cook for 20 minutes on a pan in the oven.
Toss your cubed butternut squash in olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon, then roast for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
Then, in a large bowl combine your brussel sprouts and squash along with dried cranberries and your lightly toasted pecans.
For pecans, I roasted them with butter and brown sugar…yum!
Add a little bit more maple syrup, if needed and toss everything!
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1-inch cubes (Yields about 4 cups of uncooked cubed butternut squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup optional