Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard.
This is the easiest recipe ever!!! Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and start chopping!
I used a red, yellow and orange pepper and sliced them along with an onion.
Then, place your chicken breast in a casserole dish and season with paprika, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Place your vegetables on top of your chicken evenly and add more of your fajita seasonings to the peppers and onions then drizzle with olive oil.
On top of everything add the cheese. The recipe calls for mozzarella, but you can use anything. I used Mexican style cheese– it tasted great!
Place it in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes. Scoop our you chicken and peppers and eat with steamed vegetables or over rice.
Ingredients: I got the recipe here
- 3 or 4 small chicken breasts skinless, boneless – or 2 large chicken breasts, split lengthwise
- 2-3 bell peppers, pick your favorite colors
- 1 medium onion, minced or sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella (or your favorite cheese, Pepperjack, Monterrey Jack, Cheddar…)
- Fresh chopped cilantro, or parsley, for garnish