Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard
Fresh broccoli and ground beef is something I almost ALWAYS have in my refrigerator. So, the other night when I was looking for something easy to make, I stumbled upon this recipe and it was perfect. A little bit different from your normal beef and broccoli recipe using flank steak or other stir fry meat; and it comes together in about 15 minutes!
To start, chop your broccoli and set a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add in your ground beef and cook until brown. While that is cooking combine beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a bowl or large measuring cup and set aside.
Then, when beef is finished, toss in garlic and ginger (fresh or powder) and stir for a minute, then mix into beef. Drain the grease.
Next, add your broccoli to the beef then, add the sauce you created and stir to combine everything.
In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk the cornstarch into the water until dissolved. Slowly pour the cornstarch into the pan while stirring the beef and broccoli. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is thickened.
Add in a little sesame oil, if using, and serve hot over rice or noodles.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced/grated ginger, OR 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- Cooked rice or noodles, for serving