After eating all of those cupcakes last week (which were delicious), I felt like we needed a salad to even things out.
This is my new favorite salad! The recipe is easy and I have to credit my husband, Tim, for his perfect “chicken grilling techniques.”
Start out with the marinade for your chicken; I used boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half to make the pieces thin. Season your chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano- then I placed the chicken into a freezer bag and added olive oil and lemon juice. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
Boil your eggs, and cook your bacon. We have an outdoor griddle so we cooked the bacon and chicken together.
To assemble your salad, slice the chicken into thick slices. Chop up the bacon and slice the eggs. Over a bed of lettuce add slices of avocado, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons. Then, top with the chicken, bacon and eggs. Pour your dressing on top and add croutons, mix it all together and serve!
For the dressing: I used a light Caesar that I had in my fridge, but you can follow the recipe below to make your own:
**Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and parmesan. Whisk until well combined; add salt and pepper to your tastes, and whisk again. Taste test and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. Add the water for a thinner consistency.
Ingredients: I got the recipe here!!
- 2 large chicken breast fillets , skinless
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic clove, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- 2 eggs , hard boiled
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce leaves , washed and dried
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream — full fat or reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 3-4 anchovy fillets , finely chopped (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning