Yay!! I’m back with new recipes for you! Maternity leave was fun, but I was dying to get cooking, so I have a great new recipe for you today. My husband actually found this one…and it has now made our regular rotation! So delicious…and I know you’ll love hearing this, it’s rather healthy! No…I didn’t say SUPER healthy…it says “sausage’ in the title, doesn’t it? 😉
A healthier option would be to use turkey sausage instead!
Start by heating 2 tbsp. of oil, garlic and crushed red pepper in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the garlic starts to brown, add the sausage (or turkey sausage), fennel seeds, paprika and a dash of salt. Cook the sausage until browned.
Next, add in the baby kale (I used an entire bag, about 8 cups), add in the red wine vinegar and cook until the kale is wilted, then remove from heat.
Then, grab your two 8-inch whole-grain Naan breads and place on a large baking sheet of pizza pan. Brush the breads with olive oil and then top with your turkey/ kale then add your mini mozzarella balls around on top.. broil until cheese melts and the bread browns a little, about 2-4 minutes.
Ingredients: I got the recipe here!
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 12 ounces 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 cups lightly packed pre-chopped kale or baby kale
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 8-inch whole-grain naan breads (see Tips) or whole-wheat pitas
- ¾ cup mini mozzarella balls, such as mozzarella “pearls” (see Tips)