Tom gave me a mission for Katie’s Kitchen this week. I needed to try and make one of his childhood treats. An egg kiss is a meringue cookie. I am not the best at meringues. I avoided piping to make sure I could get this recipe to the finish line.
Katie’s Kitchen is brought to you by Stroup Flooring America
3 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the Egg Whites & Cream of Tartar together until it is thick white
- Add in the Powdered Sugar a tablespoon at a time while whisking
- Add the vanilla extract once the mixture holds its shape.
- Scoop out into your best cookie shape. (Add toppings if you want now)
- Bake at 200 degrees for around 90 minutes on a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- You know are done if you can pick the cookies off the sheet without resistance.