Brought to you by McCutcheon’s Apple Products
Looking for something good/ quick/ easy to cook while your stuck at home this weekend? This is it!! AND it’s meat free for lent!
- Shrimp: In a bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. Heat a skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- To make salsa: Grab a small bowl and add tomato, avocado, jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Sour cream sauce: Stir sour-cream with cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside. Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with 3 shrimp and drizzle with sour cream sauce.
Serve as a taco OR I put everything in a bowl over rice and it was DELICIOUS!
My new favorite way to make shrimp tacos!
Find ingredients and pictures below!
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- squeeze of lime optional
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 small flour tortillas corn tortillas can also be used