When you go to CVS and get a receipt that’s three miles long, it turns out they just handed you three miles of POISON.
According to a new study by an environmental nonprofit out of Michigan called The Ecology Center, STORE RECEIPTS could be making you sick. REALLY sick.
They tested a bunch of receipts at grocery stores, restaurants, and major retail chains, and they found that because of the thermal printers the stores use, 93% of their receipts tested positive for the chemicals BPA or BPS.
Those chemicals have been linked to negative effects on your hormones and your metabolism . . . and they’ve even been linked to things like infertility and autism.
And, according to The Ecology Center, 90% of our exposure to those chemicals comes from receipts.
So what should you do? Obviously try NOT to handle receipts . . . but if you do, wash your hands before you eat. And if you work in a store where you’re touching receipts all day long, think about wearing gloves.
(MarketWatch) (The Complete Sheet)