Do You Raid Your Kid’s Candy Bag?

The costumes have been cleaned and the scary decorations are being put away.  One of the last reminders of Halloween is the bag your kids used for trick or treating–full of candy.

You walked with your children around the neighborhood getting a stash of Kit-Kats, Snickers, Hershey Bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Nerds, and so much more.  Hundreds of pieces of candy busting the seams of your precious child’s trick or treating bag.


As good parents, we NEVER left our children gobble up all their candy right away.  We put it out of their reach if they are young, or encourage them to eat the candy sparingly if they are older.

But what about you? As parents, we do a lot of work to help our children reach their sugar high, and yet we have nothing to show for our hard work.  So what’s the solution? Do you raid your kid’s candy bag?

According to, 81% of parents admit to pilfering their kid’s Halloween candy bag.  Does that mean the other 19% of parents have better self restraint?

I admit to getting candy out my kid’s bag EVERY year.  I just throw the wrappers in the garage to cover up the evidence!

What about you? Do you eat your kid’s Halloween candy?

–Dianah Gibson