How early is too early to decorate for Halloween?
That is a question that has been bantered around on the WFRE Free Country Wake Up Crew over the past few weeks.
Tom says no Halloween decorating until October 15th. Only ‘harvest’ decorating with corn stalks and hay bales are acceptable right now.
October 1st is when Katie decorates for Halloween.
Dianah has gone on a different path. Her house has been decorated since the middle of September.
We went to the experts to find out when someone should decorate for Halloween. They said October 1st! While researching this topic, we came across some very interesting facts about Halloween.
1. The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
2. Halloween is thought to have originated around 4000 B.C., which means Halloween has been around for over 6,000 years.
3. Americans buy 600-million pounds of candy on Halloween.
4. Kids number one choice of candy is chocolate.
5. A typical child’s candy bag contains about 11,000 calories.
After these interesting facts, perhaps lots of dental appointments are made November 1st!