Frequently Asked Questions
How do I listen online?
Click on the Listen Live button at the top of every page or just click here to enjoy the music.
I’m having trouble listening online. What do I do?
Make sure to check our streaming support page here.
How can I find out what just played?
You can find the last 10 songs on the main page under the playlist. You can check out our Recently Played page to see the last 20 songs. You can also look at the Song History section of our streaming player.
How can I request a song?
The Criswell Chevrolet of Thurmont Free Country Request Cafe with Gabby is weekdays from 12 -1 p.m. You can request a song by texting our GAC Services Text Line – 301-695-9373.
Tom takes classic requests for the Free Country Rewind that airs Sundays 8 a.m. to Noon. Email Tom@wfre.com to make a request.
All other music-related questions can be sent to BrianMo@wfre.com.
How do I get to your office?
You can find our address on the contact page.
How can I get a birthday announcement on the air?
The Free Country Wake Up Crew checks email@example.com for birthday announcements every morning. Use that email if you want to hear a birthday during the show!
PRIZES & CONTESTS
When can I pick up my prize?
Prize pick up is Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
How do I enter online contests?
You have to sign up for the Free Country Club to enter online contests. You can register here.
Where can I find contest rules?
Our official rules for all contests can be found here.
Can someone else pick up my prize?
Yes, but you will have to do some extra steps:
- You need to give the full name of the person that is picking up your prize to the DJ while they taking your information.
- You can also call 301-663-4181 before your pick up deadline to add the full name of your proxy to the prize entry.
- Make sure that they have the email with your prize identification number when they come to the station.
Can prizes be mailed?
No, prizes are not mailed.
Can my tickets be left at Will Call?
Tickets will not be left at Will Call unless you are specifically told they will be left there under your name.
How long do I have to claim my prize?
Most prizes have a 30-day time limit for pick up.
Will I be taxed on my prize?
You will be taxed on your prize only if:
- Your prize is valued at $600 or more
- The value of all prizes won in a calendar year meets or exceeds $600
TRAFFIC & CLOSING
When is traffic on the air?
Mornings (5AM to 9AM) 6 times an hour and Afternoons (3PM to 7PM) 4 time an hour.
How can I give tips to WFRE’s traffic team?
Call the WFRE Studio Line or text the GAC Services Text Line: 301-695-9373
Where do I find closing information
WFRE posts closing and cancellation updates on the GAC Services Storm Center page during severe weather.
How do I pay my bill online?
Advertisers can use the online bill pay page here.
Office Phone: 301-663-4181
Studio Phone: 301-695-9373
WFRE will be closed on these holidays:
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Day before Independence Day – Monday, July 3
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 24
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25
There is no prize pick up on Fridays.