Brought to you by Catoctin Mountain Orchard!
Yum. This chicken (and asparagus or broccoli) is SO good. There is so much flavor and it is so easy to make in one pan right on the stove top.
Start out by chopping 3-4 chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Then, whether you’re using asparagus or broccoli, go ahead and prepare that, too.
Heat 1/2 stick of butter in the pan with olive oil over medium-low heat and cook chicken until golden brown on all sides. Add minced garlic and Italian seasoning and toss for another minute, then remove chicken and set aside.
In your skillet, add more minced garlic, 1/2 cup of chicken broth and bring to a simmer, let reduce by half. Then, add 1/2 stick of butter, juice from one lemon, 1 tbsp. of hot sauce and 1 tbsp. of parsley.
Add your asparagus into the pan (I used broccoli, instead) let cook for 3-5 minutes, then toss with your chicken bites for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and more parsley and ENJOY!
Ingredients: I got the recipe here!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, optional (we used Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium chicken broth (or white wine)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish