37 Weeks and counting down the days now!! It was definitely time to pack the hospital bag (last week!) so, here we are, still checking off items on my list.
What to pack??? That was a harder question than I thought! There are so many lists out there and your hospital bag could go from an overnight bag for the weekend to looking like you’re headed on a week long vacation! I went for a large gym bag with pockets for mine!
Pinterest is the best place to find lists of items just for what needs to come to the hospital. I am all about the essential items for me. Not too much into the extras or the “you could need this,” mainly because, I know that if I do need something that I didn’t pack, I can always call on someone to bring it to me.
I found a great list that one woman wrote after she had her baby, called “If I Could Re-Pack My Hospital Bag” (could be a good idea for me to do another post after baby like that!), she listed her top items and the things that just took up room in her bag that she never used.
Things she said you DON’T need: Extra baby clothes, diapers, other baby essentials that the hospital gives you, and your entire make-up bag.
Essential items she said you can’t live without: Chapstick, comfy robe, slipper socks.
So…. after talking to friends and family about what they packed, looking at a ton of lists online, I made my own!
Check it out below….don’t forget about Dad, too! It’s important that he has everything he needs, too, so he can be there for you!
Katie’s hospital bag!
- comfy slipper socks
- Insurance cards and any other docs you may need for work.
- Cozy Robe
- 2-3 pair comfortable pants
- 2-3 comfortable shirts (Or breastfeeding gowns)
- soft wireless bras
- Postpartum underwear
- phone charger (or portable chargers in case there is not an open plug to use)
- Toothbrush and paste
- Make-Up: totally personal preference, I included just a few items like – concealer, eyeliner, mascara.
- boppy- (leave this in the car) you might want it to help with feeding the baby
- Shower stuff: mini shampoo and conditioner, soap (shower flip flops, too)
- 2 shirts, 2 shorts
- sweatshirt- the hospital suggested this one! They said women like the temp. COLD in the room during labor and dad might want a sweatshirt.
- pillow and blanket
- phone and charger
- cash/coins for the machines
- Sleeper outfit (2)
- car seat (in the car)
- newborn mittens
That’s what I have…so far! Let me know if there is anything that you absolutely NEEDED, so I can add it, too!
<3 Katie Ryan