Catch Mo’s Entertainment Update each weekday afternoon at 3:45pm on 99.9 WFRE
The 52nd ACM Awards,
Again this year, they’ll be hosted by Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley and will be broadcast live from Las Vegas on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on CBS
Carrie Underwood, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, and Luke Bryan are this year’s nominees for the ACM’s Entertainer of the Year.
Of the bunch, Florida Georgia Line and Keith Urban have yet to win this award.
- Carrie won Entertainer of the Year in 2009 and 2010.
- She is also nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year.
Carrie Underwood talks about her ACM nomination. “We’ve been just putting together just the best tours, and worked so hard for a long time and you know I’m specially proud of the Storyteller tour I’m just beyond excited, and I’m humbled, and thankful for that nomination. It’s incredible.”
Florida Georgia Line
- The pair is the reigning Vocal Duo of the Year.
- FGL is nominated for five ACM Awards this year.
- This is the second time the duo has been nominated for Entertainer of the Year.
- The pair is set to perform with the Backstreet Boys during the show.
- FGL kick off the Smooth tour this summer.
FGL talk about Entertainer of the Year nomination.
Tyler – “Man, Entertainer of the Year. That’s huge.”
Brian – “That’s the one.”
Tyler – “It feels great, I mean it’s very humbling. You look at the rest of the nominees and it’s just mind blowing that we’re in that category with those artists and it’s motivating as well. I think it’s gonna be a big night for us, but even if we don’t take that one home it’s still motivating, regardless.”
- He is the reigning Entertainer of the Year.
- Jason has been nominated for Entertainer of the Year six times, but has only won once.
- Jason kicks off his They Don’t Know tour at the end of April.
Jason Aldean talks about EOTY Award. “This is the award to me that, I mean, obviously it’s the biggest one. It’s at the end of the night. It’s the one everybody wants. And to me, this award has always been a touring award. So, I’ve built my career largely on that. I take a lot of pride in going out and performing for people, making my live show what it’s been.”
- Keith is up for the most awards this year, with six nominations.
- Keith has been nominated for Entertainer of the Year seven times, but he has yet to win.
- The last time Keith was nominated for this award was back in 2011.
Keith Urban talks Entertainer of the Year nomination. “I’ve always loved putting on concerts and tours and shows and really trying to put on something that’s incredibly entertaining and engaging, so I probably obsess about that part of what I do equal to making records, for sure. So, to get that nomination, along with the Album at this point, is extraordinary.”
- Luke won this award in 2013 and 2015.
- This is Luke’s only ACM nomination this year.
- Luke has been nominated for Entertainer of the Year five times.
- Luke heads out on his Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Every Day tour this summer.
Luke Bryan talks Entertainer of the Year nomination. “My focus in life when I’m on stage is entertaining these fans. If it’s my smile and my demeanor, if it’s my song that does it, if it’s me picking up a child out of the audience and letting them sing, I want people to leave my shows and go, ‘You know what? Whoever’s voting him Entertainer of the Year, they got it right.’”