Home In Carroll County Catches Fire

The cause of the fire was listed as accidental.

Manchester, Md. (BW) – Part of a Carroll County home caught fire Friday, Mar 22.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal, the fire originated in the living room due to an open flame device being places too close to combustibles.

20 firefighters from the Manchester Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched around 2:15 p.m. to 3907 Water Tank Road. They spent about 30 minutes controlling the blaze.

Nobody was injured.

Damage is estimated at $50,000. Little to no damage can be seen from the exterior of the home.