Critical Power, Inc. (CPI) provides expert Commercial and Residential Generator services to Central Maryland. We offer Generator Sales, Service and Rentals with most major brands supported. 24/7 Emergency Service available. We also offer Maintenance Agreements for all brands.
All generator companies are not created equal! We at CPI enjoy what we do and enjoy solving the challenges of generator installation and service. When power is taken from you without warning, our generators give it back!
Our mission is to ensure you never lose power!
12 Important considerations to ponder before making a generator investment:
1. Have you checked a minimum of three references on your installer?
2. Have you checked that your installer is authorized to sell units from that manufacturer?
3. When your generator needs warranty repairs, will the installing contractor be authorized to perform those repairs? Critical Power is authorized to perform warranty work on many different makes and models of generators.
4. Does your installer provide maintenance after the install is completed and do they have maintenance experience?
5. Is the generator sized properly? If not this could cause excess fuel usage if oversized or failure if the unit if it is undersized.
6. Will the installation conform to all local and national codes even if you have declined to get permits?
7. Will your installer perform the proper start up procedures and walk you thru your responsibilities during the unit operation?
8. How many generators has your installer installed in the last 5 years? Are there any customer complaints?
9. When we sell and install a unit we cover warranty shortages. Most manufactures don’t cover all costs it takes to perform warranty work.
10. Is your installer just an electrical contractor or are they a full service generator company?
11. What happens during a power outage and your generator will not start? All fully installed customers get top priority with Critical Power before any other trouble calls of any nature. Most of the time we are on an emergency call within 4 hours.
12. If the contractor you have chosen is the least expensive, make sure you are getting exactly what you asked for and demand that they answer all the questions above and that you are satisfied with the answers.