This quick easy salad is my new favorite lunch, side dish and anytime snack!
I make it all of the time and love to eat it on fresh corn chips or by itself with a fork and it’s packed with protein!
This recipe is a toss and go…throw everything in the bowl and mix it up and you’re done. Grab a mixing bowl, chop up your avocado into small cubes, chop your cilantro, cucumber (I didn’t add this to mine and it was still great), and red onion into small slices. I also chopped my cherry tomatoes in half. Add in your chickpeas- I used a whole can.
Then, combine all of the ingredients into the bowl and add virgin olive oil, lemon juice minced garlic, salt, pepper, and feta cheese to top it all off. Toss to coat!
Ingredients: I found the recipe here!
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English Cucumber halved and sliced
- 15 oz chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese diced