If you’re looking for some good luck in the New Year, make this! Brought to you by Stroup Flooring America.
- 1 (11-ounce) Ready-to-Eat Shelled & Steamed Blackeyed Peas
- 1 (7-ounce) Aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Ground cumin
- Ground Hatch chile powder
- 6 (8-inch soft taco-size) flour tortillas Instructions
- Place peas in a microwave-safe covered container and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside, with lid on.
- Heat a griddle on medium. Lay 3 tortillas onto the griddle, top with cheese, then beans, and sprinkle cumin and chile powder liberally over each. Put tortilla “lid” on each stack and cook, without disturbing, for 2-3 minutes, until cheese looks like it is melting/melted.
- Using 2 wide spatulas or pancake turners, carefully flip each quesadilla over to toast the other side. (Warning: if the cheese isn’t melted when you flip, the peas will fall out! The melted cheese acts as “glue.”) Allow to toast for another 1-2 minutes. It’s good to get the tortillas toasty, but not burned.
- Remove quesadillas to a cutting board, allow to rest for a minute, and then cut into wedges, using a large knife. Cut each quesadilla into 6ths. Serve immediately.
- Serves 3-4.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes